Influence & Representation
- Ensure BME representation, locally, regionally and nationally on key decision making issues and structures.
- Liaison & strategic Representation – bring together BME VCFS to discuss areas of concern and avoid duplication of effort.
- To consult and co-ordinate on the barriers/issues facing BME Communities to influence change and achieve social inclusion and Community Cohesion.
- To develop and operate effective methods for sharing of information, between members, and other partners, as necessary.
Share Best Practice
To contribute to best practice in the communications, consultation and reviewing activities of all the groups and offer specialist advocacy to address any barriers, discrimination which groups can at time face.
- To engage, promote and support the work of Health & Wellbeing agencies at all levels to address issues and/or barriers faced by local BME communities. Particularly focusing on Mental Health and Substance Misuse and Domestic violence.
- To develop and implement initiatives that overcome barriers faced by BME young people and their families.
- To support the integration, empowerment and civic engagement of BME communities.
- To engage and support multi-agency work that improves opportunity in Education, Employment and Housing for BME communities.
- To assist policy and support implementation of integration strategies effecting BME communities in Lancashire.
- To act as the strategic representative body to ensure robust communication and civic participation across sectors on behalf of the BME communities in Lancashire.
- To engage and support BME communities facing exclusion, discrimination or injustice.
- To work with relevant agencies, in all sector s to address BME under-representation within their workforces.
- To help and support the work of multi-agencies to address counter-terrorism and the threat imposed from violent extremism.
Project BME Members and affiliated members List
we have developed a strategic alliance with the Preston BME Forum and these are there Preston BME forum
Blackburn w Darwen
- Inter madrassa organization Affiliated
- Women voices (informal)
- Di indigo (disabilities group)
- Lancashire council of Mosque
- Darwen brotherhood
- Asian women’s support group
- Hindu society
- One Voice Affiliated
- All together women group Darwen
- Hyndburn racial equality (racial equality)
- Opal community training
- Hams afar (mental health)
- The women’s centre Burnley
- Access Alpha limited.
- Pendle Building bridges
- (ELCAP) East Lancashire radio
- PEEF (Pendle enterprise)
- Zameena Young women
- Dosti South Asian Men forum
- Mind affiliated (informal)
- Lancashire Black history Association
- Pukar (disabilities)
- Wind rush initiatives
- Independent hate crime hub
- Blackpool Black history group
- Noor Madina Mosque (religion)
- Blackpool Women forum association (women issues)
- Blackpool animal rescue (animal care)
- Rising star (supporting orphanages)
- Isaak Hitchin LGBT
- MA Foundation
- Blackburn W Darwen University
- Lancashire Constabulary Hutton
|Maa Bachaa||Nurzhan Amla|
|Black Education Training/Windrush||Adrian Murrell|
|7th Day Adventist Church||Jeff Couzins|
|7th Day Adventist||Claudette Coke|
|Black History Group||Clinton Smith|
|Jamea Masjid Youth Club||Fayyaz Ali|
|Gujerat Hindu Society||Bikhu Patel|
|Sister for Sisters||Sister Sophie|
|Swaminarayan Hindu Association||Kailash Parekh|
|Gujerat Muslim Welfare Association||Mahmud Amirat|
|Preston Muslim Forum||Vali Patel|
|7th Day Adventist Youth Group||Ronald Clarke|
|Preston Deepdale Community Assoc||Elyas Lulat|
|Red Rose Sports||Siraz Natha|
|Reformed for Life||Ikram Patel|
|Youth in Action||Yasin Bux|
|Sahara||Zafar Coupland (Chair)|
|Fishwick Rangers||Zul Hussain|
|Telegu Community||P. Venkata Reddy|
|Telegu Community||T.R.K. Reddy|
|Guru Nanak Gurdwara||Phil Singh|
|Preston Faith Forum||Peter Lumsden|
|Canaries Community Association||Ismail Bax|
|Fair For All||Khushnood|
|Malalyee Group||Dr Anand|
|Montserrat Association||Mr Skerrit|
|African Beads Society||Thomas Francis Adeyinka|
|Afghan Community||Kadim Nori|
|Polish Community||Father Pawel Szatlewski|
|Romanian Community Association||Mirela|
|PM Burial Society||Iqbal Adam|
|WOW (Women of Change)|
|Preston Active for All||Tahera kalang|
|Quwwatul Islam Masjid||Mufti Khalid Ibrahim|
|Masjid-e-Quba||Moulana Naeem Toorawa|
|Eldon St Masjid||Moulana Arif Toorawa|
|Preston Muslim Girls High School||Mufti Javid Pathan|
|Jamea Masjid||Moulana Amjad Yoosuf|
|Al Ansaar||Moulana Farook Kazi|
|Mauhuddus Shuhada||Moulana Elyas Desai|
|IQRA Education Trust||Shaukat|
|Masjid-e-Falah||Mufti Ayub Patel|
|Madina Masjid||Yakub Patel|
|Masjid-e-Saliheen (Broadgate)||Ismail Tagaree|
|Preston Police||Chief Inspector Tracy O'Gara|
|Lancashire Fire & Rescue||Caroline Lancaster|
|Central Lancs CVS||Joan Burrows|
|LCC Health & Well Being Engagement||Kiran Banati|
|LCC, YPS||Grant Murdoch|
|Help Direct||Lynn Quigley|
|Preston Carers||Farzana Adam|
|Preston City Council||Councillor Matthew Brown|
|Lancashire County Council||County Councillor Jennifer Mein|
|Clinical Commissioning Group||Glenis Tansey|
|Preston Community Transport||Joe Hannett|
|Connect 4 Life||Max Neill|
|The Challenge Network||Esther Wilks|